San Diego has been drowning in rain!
When I lived on the East Coast, rain was no big deal. We had blizzards and Nor’easters to worry about! But in San Diego, rain has a big impact on the city.
This morning, our apartment was flooded by a leak in the window. Since it’s only rained like twice this year, we were completely caught off guard and Lilo tried to play in it. It was nasty! It took most of the day, but we eventually got the water under control.
Afterwards, I felt so blah. I’m usually excited for a cloudy day or the chance of a drizzle, now that I live in the land of constant sunshine. But today, I just wasn’t in the mood.
I’m not one to sit around and sulk so I tried to figure out a way to lift my mood.
Here’s how I create my own sunshine:
- Hanging out with my dog and watching funny YouTube videos
- Reading some of my favorite inspirational blogs
- Calling friends who make me laugh
- Sketching in my sketchbook
- Eating fruit (watermelon makes me really happy for some reason!) and dark chocolate
- Doing a workout DVD (Love Tone It Up!)
I want to know, what do you do when you’re in a funk? I think it’s important to have an arsenal of tricks to brighten your day when you’re just not feeling yourself.